Sunday, January 13, 2008

I got home late and Colin was in the kitchen with his girlfriend and our other flatmate John. He was making gyoza with his girlfriend. Colin was sat on a kitchen chair and his girlfriend was cooking them but he insisted that they had made them together. He offered me some but I said I was okay for that because I had eaten out already. I gave him a manga book called 2001 (not the Kubrick/Arthur C. Clarke version). I had found it in a second hand manga shop in Shimokitazawa and I bought it for him because it`s set in space and Colin was talking about how he wants to get into something set just in space. He seemed well chuffed with it. Then we watched a TV show where a gang of men aren`t allowed to laugh while things happen around them. Colin turned around and said, "If you saw this on Japanese TV all of your preconceptions about what Japanese TV is like would be proved correct."