On Thursday night I went back to our house in Tomioka for one last visit before I move to Tokyo for good. Colin came back from Okinawa on Saturday night with his girlfriend and sunburn. We drank together in the kitchen with our other flatmate John and ate biscuits with the faces of Disney characters on them that they had brought back from holiday. The next night we played Gears of War for one last time, and in Colin`s words, "Even John Petersen was in awe of our magnificent gunplay." This morning I awoke and watched him play Oblivion while I drank coffee. He went in a cave to kill a necromancer. When he went in there was a skeleton in there. Colin sighed, "A bloody skeleton. They`re idiots." While I finished packing we talked about stories we had written as children. Then Colin said, "I`d like to be a writer but I wouldn`t know what to write."
